Saturday 6 August 2011

Farewell Gifts

As you may know, on Sunday I moved back home to Wales after spending 4 years in Cheltenham.  I thought I would share with you some leaving presents I received off a regular at the pub I worked in:
I was so shocked when he handed me a House of Fraser bag FULL of nails varnishes, as I wasn’t expecting anything, let alone off him!  He had spent the day looking around the shops hand picking each colour and brand and I love every single one of them but dread to think how much he must have spent!  I also got a gorgeous bracelet, flowers and wine off my work colleagues and a massive card with lovely comments, which NEARLY made me cry like a baby!  By the end of the night I had cried twice and was so drunk at one point that I apparently was stood looking like a string puppet with my arms out in front of me?!  Thankfully I must have realised I had one too many and had a few bottles of water which did the trick as I partied on for hours after that :) 
Chanel: 489 Rose Insolent and 473 Coromandel
Rococo Nail Apparel:  2433 Baby Metal Molten Lava and 7291 O.T.T. Creme
Estee Lauder: Fuchsia Flame, Wild Blue and Sweet Pea
Clarins: Daily Energizer: cream and Wake Up Booster. Nail varnish: 03 05 and 02
From left to right: Chanel: 489 Rose Insolent and 473 Coromandel. Rococo Nail Apparel: Baby Metal Molten Lava and O.T.T. Creme.  Estee Lauder: Fuchsia Flame, Wild Blue and Sweet Pea.  Clarins: 03 05 and 02

Out of this lot of polishes I think my favourite one is Chanel 489 Rose Insolent because it’s a lovely shade of pink and I’ve already used quite a lot of it doing my mums toenails, a friend's nails and mine twice.  I also love Chanel Coromandel because it is such a rich red that only needed one thin coat to get this gorgeous colour.  Estee Lauder Fuchsia Flame is also a lovely colour that is like a pinky red colour (similar to Models Own Raspberry Crush).  Estee Lauder Wild Blue is also a great colour but doesn't look as nice on this photo.  I was a bit disappointed with Clarins 02 and 03 because they where a bit watery and it took about 5 coats to get a good coverage but the shades would be good as a french manicure base.  

No comments:

Post a Comment