Tuesday 10 May 2011

Lovely Little Ladybirds

I wanted to do a nail design using red to match an outfit I was planning on wearing, so was thinking of doing the strawberry nails that I did in a previous post but then I remembered this WAH Nails design that I didn’t have time to do before winter approached last year so I thought I would give it a go now seeing as the weather is a bit nicer!
Here is a quick tutorial on how I did these: 
1.   Paint 1-2 Coats of Models Own Red Alert.
2. Using a black Models Own nail pen draw a line down the centre of the nail (don’t worry if it is a bit wonky).
3. Draw a curved line near the end of the nail using the same nail pen.
4. Using Models Own Black Magic paint the tip using the curved line as a guide.
5. Paint 6 black dots on.
6. Paint the eyes on using a white Models Own nail pen.
7. Finish with a coat of Seche Vite dry fast topcoat.
    This is the method and products that I used to create these but obviously there are many different products/methods you could use instead.  I’m really pleased with the results and will definitely be incorporating these into a new design soon.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment