Monday 8 November 2010

Strawberrylicious

This is the first nail design that I copied from WAH Nails. I’m not too sure why I picked this as my first one, I think it was a combination of the fact that it was the last time in the year that I could get away with having summery nails and I didn’t think it would be too difficult for a first attempt!

To do this design I used Models Own Red Alert for the base, and then used a yellow nail pen (which I got from eBay) to do the seed shapes. I was a bit nervous at first but after doing 1 nail I realized it wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be! I then realized I didn’t have a suitable green for the tips and so a quick trip to boots for a hunt for Models Own Green Grass or Green Tea ended in my buying Barry M Spring Green as Boots didn’t have either but I was very pleased with the colour. I tried out my new topcoat on this design, it’s called Seche Vite dry fast top coat and it made my nails look really shiny and it fully dried all of the layers of my varnish in minutes! This nail varnish is supposed to last ages but after a night in work I found it had worn away at the tips so I did a quick touchup on the tips the following day and it didn’t budge for 3 days until Thursday when I got the nail varnish remover out ready for a new design for the weekend….


No comments:

Post a Comment