Monday 22 November 2010

Matte About You!

For this design I used Models Own Black Magic and Models Own Misty Grey for the base colours. I then used Essie Matte About You Finisher on top of that to create the matte effect. Matte finishers are great value for money as you can double your nail varnish collection as it can turn all of your shiny nail varnish matte in seconds! Rimmel also have a matte finisher that is a bit cheaper (about £4.50 compared to Essie around £7) and I’m sure it will be just as good. I used black and silver nail pens to do the designs on the top.

I really love the way the designs on the top stand out from the matte base coats but I don’t think these will last very long because there isn’t a topcoat to seal all of the nails but time will tell I guess. The photos don’t do these nails justice as my camera has broke so I’ve had to use my old one!

No comments:

Post a Comment