Thursday 20 January 2011

Goldfinger Shimmer


I’ve finally got access to the internet again so I’m back : ) For this nail design I used Models Own 24 Carat Gold for the base and then 2 coats of Models Own Gold Rush.  I thought this would be a good opportunity to try out nail tape for the first time so I decided to try out a few different designs.  I got this nail tape off eBay for  £3.25 so was a little bit pricey for what it is but I wanted it quickly so ordering from Hong Kong wasn’t an option this time.  How to use the nail tape was quite self-explanatory really, just stick the tape onto the nail and then cut the edges of the tape off so that they fit the nail.  I put a thin coat of Gold Rush over the tape as I thought the black needed a bit of shimmer on it and finished with a topcoat of Models Own 3-in-1 Base Coat, Top Coat and Gloss.  The nail tape was surprisingly easy to apply but I found that after a day the tape started peeling off and looked awful!  I’ve done a bit of research and apparently its best to cut the tape about half an mm from the edge and to seal with about 2 coats of topcoat so hopefully when I do that next time the design will last a bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment